All of us worry about the safety of our homes and our loved ones sometimes we need more than physical protection to keep our homes and property safe but also we search out for deterrents to keep keen eyed wrong doers from attempting to break into our house. Here are some vital home security tips that can keep your home out of the eyes of any potential burglars:
- If leaving your home unattended for an elongated amount of time such as when away on holidays. Make sure to leave a key with a neighbour or family member and ask them to check on the house regularly. Maybe-even visiting the house occasionally to demonstrate activity.
- Set lights and radios to socket timers to denote the idea of life and activity throughout the house.
- If you know that you will have a delivery arriving when at work or away try having it delivered to an alternative address. Don’t leave notes on doors or surrounding areas specifying that you are out, this also helps burglars build up a schedule of when you are out.
- Never hide keys underneath doormats or plant pots. This is a dead give away for those unscrupulous types wanting access to your property.
- If you have any gates leading to back gardens make sure they are firmly locked and not just easy access for burglars. The rear of the house is usually the weakest and most unprotected area of the house featuring weak back door, patios and French doors.
- Keep curtains and blinds shut if you are going on holiday this builds up a façade were any potential burglars don’t know if you are or aren’t in.
- Keep windows, doors and gates maintained to a good standard. A weak old wooden window frame can easily be broken with a little force.