Before ordering, please take a moment to read the information below, which will provide details on the ordering process and tips on measuring the area where the product is to be fitted.
To order a product, go to that product's page, click the 'Enquire Now' before completing the form and we'll be in touch to confirm everything with you including the cost before payment details are taken.
Please note that prices displayed are to be used as a guide, prices can change due to different sizes and options. The final price will be confirmed with you before the order is confirmed.
Deciding what type of product you need
Don't worry if you don't know what type of product you need at this stage, we're on hand to help you. Please call us on 0800 999 6 777 to speak to one of our specialists for advice. Alternatively, you can read our blog post for some expert information on which security product best suits your needs.
If you are unfamiliar with any of the technical terms used in our product sections, then you may find it helpful to take a look at our Glossary.
Information on measuring
Once you have decided which product best suits your needs and you wish to fit it yourself, we will ask you to provide us with the following information:
- Do you wish to install the product internally or externally?
- Are you viewing the opening from the inside of the building or the outside? We need to know this for positioning the lock.
- Are you going to reveal fix the product or face fix it? (Please see explanation below).
Answering these questions when we discuss your order with you with help us to make sure you are ordering the correct product and that it is suitable for your needs.
Tips For Measuring - Reveal or Recess Fixing
- If reveal or recess fixing then your dimensions need to be as accurate as possible. Don’t worry if you have any problems with measuring, just give us a call we are here to help.
- To ensure a good fit, it's best to take at least three measurements across the width and across the height. We need the minimum measurement of these three.
- We will manufacture the product to fit the smallest dimension that you provide to us. We recommend you take a couple of millimetres off your minimum dimension, this will ensure the product fits snugly within the reveal. If mistakes are made don’t worry, many of our products can be altered. Advice on how to do this can be easily explained by having a chat with one of our fitters or, if fitting yourself, by discussing with us before ordering. Please note, this is not possible with our shutters or the QSec mesh, so accurate measurements are critical. We advise you call us if you need any help.
- Different products require different sized reveals for the optimum fitting. Please see the minimum depth required for recess/reveal fixing for each product type below:
Qsec mesh grille - 90mm
Qsec fixed diamond lattice grille - 70mm
Folding Grilles including the CX1 and CX2 plus the trackless grilles - 90mm
Roller Shutters (all types) - 80mm
- We recommend that for the best and most secure fixing all of our grilles and shutters are installed a minimum of 50mm back from the front edge of the Reveal/Recess. If you attempt to drill and fix to close to the edge of the recess/reveal then not only do you have a weaker fixing you can damage or even break the brick work around the reveal.
- If you don’t have the minimum size reveal required, then we recommend that you surface/face fix the product over the opening.
Tips For Measuring - Surface or Face Fixing
Face fixing is very straightforward to measure. As you are fitting over the opening you need to allow sufficient room at the sides and above for adequate fixing. See tips below for measuring each type of product.
Retractable Security Grilles
- When face fixing this style of grille we will need the maximum width and height of the actual opening the grille is being fitted over.
- The important point to remember here is that you will need at least 50mm at the sides and the top of the opening to allow for a top track and for a good side face fixing.
- With the retractable range of grilles when face fixing them you can ensure that none of the bunch or stack encroaches into your clear opening area very useful for French doors and patio doors. If you want to achieve this we recommend that you give our technical team a quick call so we can calculate accurately the exact size of grille you will need.
- If the grille is to be installed over a door then a lift up track may be needed. This can be selected as an option when ordering a security grille product.
- If the grille is to be installed over a window then the bottom track usually sits on the window sill.
- If there is no window sill no need to panic. We have various sizes of box section that can be used to create a sill or use a face fixed bottom track.
- We need to know the maximum clear opening width and height.
- We will add to your measurements to include the size of the guide rails required for the type of shutter you are ordering plus a few mm for safety.
- When face fixing a roller shutter it is important to remember that the height of the opening has a direct effect on the size of the shutter box. Usually when measuring for a face fixed roller shutter we need the clear opening height plus the shutter box. If you call our technical team we can advise you as to what size the box will be for your particular opening.
Fixed Window Grilles
- The measurements required with this type of security grille are not critical for face fixing. This is because it has been designed with adjustable sliding arms giving you some flexibility when carrying out the installation. You only need to take the maximum measurement for width and height across the opening. We will manufacture the grille to fit this opening size and add 50mm each side and the top for the fixing arms.
Mesh Window Grilles
- These grilles have no adjustability so all we need from you are the maximum width and height dimensions. When we manufacture the product we will add 75mm to both sides and top and bottom to ensure you cover the opening and have plenty of room past the reveal opening for a good solid fixing.
We accept payment by card, cheque or direct bank transfer. The cards we accept are Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, Visa Electron, Delta and Solo. Please note, payment made by Visa Credit Card or Mastercard will incur an additional fee of 2.5% of the total transaction value. This fee will be listed on your invoice. All our products are priced in GBP pounds sterling. We are unable to accept payment in other currencies.