– Available Sizes -Made to Measure
– Construction – Aluminium Guides and Box with Extruded Aluminium Slats. (solid, perforated or punched options of slats available)
– Used For- Securing all Types of openings, doors, windows, shop fronts.
– Security Rating – Medium to High Security Dependant on Application
– Operation – Manual or Electric
– Fixing –Built-in the cavity of the wall and concealed head box
– Finish – Powder Coated White, Cream, Brown as standard numerous other colours available at an additional cost
– Ideally Suited for –High Risk High Security, Retail, Commercial sites, offices, schools, Medical Centres, domestic dwellings.
The QS38 Built-in roller shutter has principally been designed for use in new build projects as a “built-in” security feature. Its main advantage over tradition “Built-on” roller shutter is the guide rails and head box are concealed within the fabric of the building and are hidden from view when th shutter is in its open position.
This provides a visually appealing solution for properties that require a more discreet form of security. This innovative design is particularly favoured by architects on new build projects that require security but are concerned about aesthetics.
The QS-38 Built-in Aluminium Roller Shutter uses exceptionally strong yet light weight double skinned extruded aluminium slats which run in extruded aluminium guide rails. The QS38 Built-in roller shutter has several slat options which are ideal for commercial and domestic applications including a perforated slat, a punched slat and a punched and glazed slat.
The shutter can be operated using a manual belt, rod crank and spring loaded. Electric operation is also available with numerous control methods on offer including key switch or remote control. On large building projects with numerous shutters the option to have a group commanded can be considered enabling the shutters to be zoned and operated simultaneously saving user time and ensuring all the shutters are closed and secure.
A manual over-ride will be required if the electric roller shutter option is used and installed over a doorway, shop entrance office foyer.
A safety brake may also be required to prevent the shutter from suddenly descending if the power should fail (only needed on shutters over a certain size and weight)